Sunday, May 26, 2013

Day 2: Day in Cholula!


Today we went to see the Cathedrals of Cholula.  They were absolutely gorgeous.  The first was easy to get to and had intricate Catholic designs over the entire thing. 

 
 


The second Cathedral was called Santuario de la Virgen de los Remedias Cholula Puebla.  I wasn't able to enter the church because mass was in progress but it was gorgeous on the outside none the less and it had great views in the courtyard.  
 
 
 
 It was located on the top of a very tall hill and the trip up to the top had tons of people selling various items like food and Jewelry.  There was  small boy who wanted to show us his pet Iguana.  I even tried Chapulines!  Which are basically cooked Grasshoppers. 
 

 
I also ended up buying a couple things for myself as well so I could practice my bartering, seeing as I am yknow...a bit frugal one could say.  I bought a sweater, which ended up being great when it started pouring down rain.  I also bought a dress that I might be able to wear to class one day or something.  Everything is so cheap compared to the United States.  There is no way you could get the quality of things in America for the prices that you find here.
 
 
 
Later I got to go to get some lunch with a couple friends.  We got some classic Mexican dishes in a gorgeous restaurant.  I'm not going to lie, I don't remember the names of them but they were all delicious and very filling.
 
Overall it was a great but rainy day!

 
 


 
 

1 comment:

  1. What a great day! Love the pictures, too. Cool clothes and love the accommodations. Your own room and the kitchen are great. We will sleep easier tonight now that we have seen where you are. Enjoy..love, mom and dad.

    ReplyDelete