Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Day 4: Tour of Puebla


I am so tired and worn out from being so busy so much!  I woke up early and went to the gym when it opens at 7am.  Although I forgot about Mexico being known for being a culture with a tendency to be late and the gym attendant didn't actually open the gym until almost 7:30.  I could've slept a bit longer but at least I got to talk to practice my Spanish with the Mexicans outside the gym!

Today we went on a tour of Puebla.  The city of Puebla itself was absolutely stunning!  It is a lot more of the colored buildings and culture that I expected to see in Mexico.
 
Proportionate Small Version of Puebla
 


A lot of the tour was to different churches and cathedrals in Puebla.  They are all gorgeous and the designs are intricate and amazing.  They look a lot alike but each time I am in awe over the beauty.
Catedral de Puebla

 

Templo Santo Domingo

 
 
Later we went to lunch at a nicer restaurant and I had chicken chalupas.  My diet isn't exactly how I want it to be but this is the trip of a lifetime and I am starting to feel like I am integrating with this amazing culture!
 

Tonight a bunch of the International kids are going out dancing but I think I am going to stay in and get some rest!  We are always on the run trying to see everything and do everything and I am wearing my body down! 

No comments:

Post a Comment