Sunday, June 16, 2013

Free Weekend


Last night gave me quite the culture shock.  I had went to bed pretty early and after about an hour of sleeping I heard an alarm go off.  My roommates and I look out into the courtyard since we didnt understand what you are supposed to do when it goes off and noticed people were exiting the building.  We figured it was a fire or something so we went outside with everyone else - only to find out there were earthquake tremors and we had to take caution for until we went 10 minutes without tremors. 

Nobody I know felt anything at all and the students that were around us were telling us that it happens relatively often.  Crazy to think that the situation is normal for those that spend their lives here!

Anyways all is well :)

Then today we went into downtown Cholula and had a great time shopping in the markets.  Sunday is the best day to go since everyone's shop is open for family day! Plus it's a great place to get gifts for those you love!

No comments:

Post a Comment