Thursday, June 27, 2013

Teotihuacan


Today we went to the place that I have been waiting to see my entire time in Mexico: Teotihuacan!!  Its ancient abandoned ruins and they are absolutely humongous.  I climbed 248 steps up to the top of the sun pyramid and I have never seen a more amazing view in my life.


I climbed to the top with Samantha Tadros, conquering her fear of heights with each and every steep step.  Neither of us has ever done something that made us feel so conquerous!




 
 
The top of the pyramid is said by the ancient people to be the center of the earth and where man was made!  I put my thumb right in the designated center of the world spot!
 
 

 
 
Later, we got to see the Dance of the Voladores.  The dancers dance upside down to worship the sun. 
They fly through the air hanging from ropes tied to their feet while playing music.  They are swinging from a tall pole and they represent the rays of the sun.  Im so glad I got to witness it in real life!
 

 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment