Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Popocatepetl and Cooking

One thing I feel like I have been taking for granted this whole trip is the view out of my very own bedroom window. There is a volcano nearby that I can see called Popocatepetl.  Right now its in orange zone which is mildly reactive.  Basically, it shoots ash every once in a while.  Even if it erupted, it would only slowly bubble out.  We are really far away from it so even during eruption we still would only get ash remnants once in a while.  But the distance doesn't affect how well I can see it out my bedroom window!  The first picture is right out of my bedroom window and the second is from the track where I go for my runs.

 

 
Every Tuesday, the international students go to a cooking workshop.  We get to learn how to make authentic Mexican foods and then of course we get to eat them. They are always delicious and it is always a lot of fun to make dinner with our new found friends.  The teachers are really kind and helpful and always let you do the work and give you the recipe to take home after!  This week we made desserts!
 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment